To Access VEDP's Services, Contact Your Trade Manager
June 12, 2020
Listen to the experts at CTP for a briefing on export control basics and new compliance concerns. Compliance concerns are mounting in this new trade environment with COVID concerns, sanctions, regulatory reforms, trade tensions, and uncertain controls on emerging technologies.
- Dual Use vs. Military Controls vs. Sanctions
- Licensing Basics: Electronic Systems, Exceptions & Exemptions
- Essential Policies & Procedures (Export Compliance System)
- Unique Risks Involving Technology Transfer
- Overcoming Internal & External Transitions
- COVID Issues
- Export Control Reform
- Emerging & Foundational Technologies
- Trade Tensions: Sanctions & Tightening Regs
- Questions & Answers
We have partnered with Commonwealth Trading Partners to learn more.
- Rick Phipps – Director of Compliance Services
- Chalinee Tinaves – Legal/Regulatory Specialist
- John Sturtevant – ITAR/EAR Advisor
June 5, 2020
The trade show industry has been rocked by COVID-19. Shows are being postponed and canceled worldwide. What does the future look like as far as trade shows are concerned? Will they be able to survive this pandemic? Will they go virtual?
We have partnered with Reed Exhibitions to learn more.
- Taryn DeGray, Export Development Executive
- InfoSecurity Europe 2020 show staff
May 29, 2020
Australia and New Zealand have weathered the crisis relatively well compared to other nations. Lock down restrictions are being reduced for people and businesses to help speed up a return to “normal”.
The IMF have forecast that the Australian and New Zealand economies will see rebounds in growth in 2021 ( +6.7% Aus and +5.9% New Zealand) and we are seeing evidence of Federal and State governments increasing and fast-tracking initiatives and spending to help stimulate the economy.
As a way of example:
- The federal government has announced that they remain committed to delivering its planned $100B AUD ($65B USD), 10-year infrastructure pipeline;
- Australia’s largest State (New South Wales) has started to fast-track construction & building projects whilst also investing $44M USD in urban public infrastructure directly. Since January 2020 they have approved 142 major projects injecting $2.5B USD into the economy;
- Six new patrol boats will be built under a fast-tracked $228M USD defence project; and
- The Australian Government is investing heavily in its Advanced Manufacturing capabilities with an emphasis on health, defence, and cyber.
Both Australia and New Zealand are also very heavily reliant on imports and are actively seeking greater geographical diversification in their supply chains to protect and grow their businesses. With the U.S. a trusted trading partner this could open new opportunities for Virginia exporters.
In this webinar we will cover:
- The current environment in Australia and New Zealand – how we have weathered the crisis and why the economies are expected to bounce back
- What data you should gathering to help you select and prioritize key overseas markets
- What has changed in our environment and in the mind-set of potential customers
- Sectors of opportunity including: Defence and Security, ICT, Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial Equipment, Agriculture, Health
- Tips on how to assess the Australian market and engage with current and future Australian partners/customers
We have partnered with Foley & Associates to learn more.
- Angela Foley, Managing Director
- Jenny O’Sullivan, Senior Advisor – International Trade & Investment
May 26, 2020
Listen to learn how three businesses are pivoting and adapting during this time of uncertainty.
The three panelists will address the following questions:
- How has your company been affected by Covid-19?
- How has your company pivoted their business in response to Covid-19?
- What has your company learned from this pandemic?
- Brian Ludwig, Senior Vice President of Sales, Cvent
- Sean Simmons, President, Greenberry’s Franchising Corporation
- Dr. Kim Harokopus, CEO, Cambridge International Systems, Inc
May 14, 2020
Recently enacted legislation provides relief for small and mid-sized businesses. Resources include the Payroll Protection Program loans, furlough and unemployment benefits, employee retention credits, emergency leave credits, delay of payroll taxes, and more.
Listen to make sure your company and employees are capturing all available assistance provided in the CARES Act during this COVID-19 crisis
We have partnered with PBMares, LLP to learn more.
- Kasey M. Pittman, CPA, MSA Tax, Senior Manager
International Trade in a COVID-19 World
May 7, 2020
Listen to hear new ideas and best practices in business communication, sales and strategy, including managing your international partnerships, during this uncertain and challenging time.
As a “disruptive” thinker of sorts, Scott is never afraid to challenge conventional wisdom and is sure to provide a fresh perspective and useful insights on pursuing international business and partnerships in what is anything but a conventional environment.
We have partnered with the Envoy Portfolio to learn more.
- Scott Wayne, Founder, Envoy Portfolio