The Global Defense Program helps Virginia's defense companies diversify into new international markets.
Eligible defense-related companies can receive assistance with strategy, export compliance, matchmaking, translation, and more. There are opportunities to participate in on-continent vendor days with combatant commands as well as training sessions held throughout Virginia to prepare your company to “go global”. Defense-related companies can also receive market research services such as identifying potential distributors and conducting due diligence. These are just a few of the resources available in the Global Defense Program.
How to Participate
For more information and to determine your company’s eligibility, contact your local Defense Program Manager:
Theodora von Hohenstaufen Noll
Defense Program Manager
P.O. Box 798 / 901 East Cary Street
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0798
Phone: (804) 545-5764
Fax: (804) 545-5751
Click here to read bio
Defense Program Manager | Northern Region
8500 Leesburg Pike, Suite 412
Tysons Corner, Virginia 22182
Phone: (703) 506-9743
Fax: (703) 506-9740
Click here to read bio
Featured Resources for Defense Companies
The following resources have been developed specifically for defense-related companies in Virginia.
- Industry Reports – Access VEDP’s extensive library of industry reports and country guides.
- How-To Videos – Defense Sales & Procurement – Learn about offset in the global defense marketplace, Foreign Military Sales, shipping defense goods, and more.
- How-To Videos – Legal & Compliance – Learn about legal considerations and export regulations when taking your company global.
- How-To Videos – Sales, Marketing & Travel – This video series includes market research, building your brand, international travel, translation, and establishing a market presence.
- Sales & Marketing Training Videos for Defense Companies – In-depth training videos on a variety of sales and marketing topics for defense-related companies.
- The Export Licensing Process within U.S. DoD – Ken Oukrop of the Defense Technology Security Administration discusses the export licensing process within the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Virginia Defense Directory – Promote your products and services to international customers by listing your company in the directory.