Exporting Services - A Guide for New Exporters
Virginia’s service sector is significant, and continues to grow. In fact, service exports accounted for 43% of the state’s total exports in 2010.*
In an effort to lead more of Virginia’s service companies into the export game, Virginia Economic Development Partnership has developed: Exporting Services – A Guide for New Exporters.
This guide outlines the export processes, decisions, and resources that service companies must consider when exporting.
The following key topics for service exporters are examined in the guide:
- Assessing Export Readiness
- Understanding Export Regulations
- Selecting an International Market
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Work Permits, Certifications, and Standards
- Market Entry
- Financing and Payments
*Emilia Istrate and Nicholas Marchio, Export Nation 2012 (Brookings Institution, 2012)